Candles can help set a relaxing, comfortable mood in any room in your home. But have you considered using soy candles instead of regular paraffin wax candles?
If not, here are just a few of the reasons why soy candles in Glendale, AZ are becoming increasingly popular among consumers:
- They’re natural: Soy candles are made from vegetable oil, which comes from soybeans. Compare this to standard paraffin candles, which are made from petroleum oil. This means the soy candles do not increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and do not require chemicals to produce a scent. Most soy candles are either blended with beeswax or other types of waxes or made entirely with soy and then scented with essential oils, rather than chemical fragrances. This makes them all-natural, and much better for the environment.
- They burn longer: Soy candles burn about 50 percent longer on average than paraffin candles. So while soy candles are often a bit more expensive than standard candles, they are ultimately more cost effective because they last significantly longer. Soy candles even cost less on average than beeswax candles, despite having many of the same benefits (and more on top of them). In addition, soy candles burn evenly, which means you do not need to worry about there being a buildup of wax on the sides of the jar.
- They are non-toxic: Because soy candles are made of vegetable oil, have a much lower melting point (the wax doesn’t get as hot), produce very little (if any) soot and do not release any carcinogens into the air, the candles themselves are much better for humans and pets alike, not to mention the environment.
- They aren’t as messy: If you have a spill with soy candle wax, it is much easier to clean up the soy wax than paraffin wax. Soy wax only requires a bit of soap and water. Paraffin candles can also release a type of soot that stains furniture and walls, and then gets circulated in your air ducts. You don’t have to worry about this staining with soy candles.
- They produce a stronger scent: Not only is the scent from soy candles stronger, but it is naturally more pleasant. This is because there is a lower melting point, meaning there is more of the liquid wax surrounding the candle wick. From this liquid pool and the wick, the essential oils evaporate into the atmosphere and produce a calming, pleasant smell. All of this happens without the need to add unnatural chemical fragrances, which often contain harmful additives. The smell itself is a cleaner smell than paraffin wax candles. Many people report the scents from paraffin candles can cause headaches—this is because of the additional chemicals being released into the atmosphere. Soy candles create a cleaner, more pleasant burn.
For more information about why you should consider opting for soy candles in Glendale, AZ over standard paraffin candles, we encourage you to contact us today.
Categorised in: Soy Candles
This post was written by Writer